The rain showers of monsoons bring in relief from the scorching heat of summers, but they also lead to many skin problems.
One of the most prominent skin problems is the fungal infection, namely either ringworm, jock itch or athlete’s foot. The humidity and the wet weather cause fungal skin infections, and demand good skin care and prevention to keep them at bay.
Here are the 8 best ways to stay away from ringworm and other fungal skin infections this rainy season:
- As feet are exposed to dirty muddy water, opt for open footwear to make sure they dry quickly. Rest your feet in lukewarm water after returning from outdoors, or wash and dry them thoroughly.
- Always keep both closed and open shoes clean & dry. Changing footwear every day is a good way to make sure that they all get enough time to dry before you wear them again.
- Sweat and oil glands are overactive during the monsoons, and this increases the tendency to develop fungal infections. Once your feet are dirt and moisture free, wear clean cotton socks to keep them clean and dry.
- The fungi that cause fungal skin infections thrives in hot and humid climate. Ensure to wipe the floors clean with medicated water and always keep them dry.
- To prevent fungal infections of the skin such as ringworm, jock itch and athlete’s foot, use lukewarm water for a bath.
- In case you get infected by a fungus, use skin infection cream like Ring-Out that are highly advanced and help cure fungal infections like ringworm, etc. Ring-Out also relieves symptoms like itching and redness.
- Lessen the use of oily and creamy moisturizer, body creams and make up products as they clog the pores and increase the chance of a skin infection. Clean your exposed skin thoroughly.
- Exfoliate your skin at least once a week to get rid of dead skin cells and pollutants.
- Eat only fresh and warm food during monsoon. Include plenty of water, fluids, and fresh fruits & vegetables in your diet. Humidity in the atmosphere can make your digestive system sluggish; having a healthy diet will keep your digestive system and immunity both stronger.
These precautions will not only help you keep a safe distance from fungal skin infections, but will also keep you safe from other types of infections.
Maintaining proper hygiene and sanitation around you, be it at home, the workplace or your child’s school, will help you stay healthy during monsoons and enjoy the weather thoroughly.