Have you ever felt that your skin infection takes longer to heal than in the case of your friend’s? Ever wondered why the medication isn’t working that effectively on you than they used to in the past?
Chances are that you might be a victim of the ‘Skin Anxiety Syndrome.’ It is a problem that surfaces when you feel anxiety or stress, and does not let the medicines work for you the way they should.
What causes this?
Stress of any kind places our immune system under an enormous amount of pressure. It releases hormones and chemicals in the body that cause a burning sensation all over the body; along with making the skin cold and clammy.
Stress also encourages the growth of unfriendly fungi in the body, as well as bringing down the immunity that regulates these germs. This can severely affect an already present fungal skin infection, or open the doors for a new one.
Best ways to cope up with stress
- Identify the source of stress and accept it. It will make it easier for you to find out ways to deal with it.
- Quit unhealthy coping mechanism like smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, eating junk food, procrastinating, etc. as these will only add on to your skin problems.
- Avoid taking unnecessary stress by taking control of your environment, and letting things go that you cannot control. The lesser you worry, the lesser your body will release any stress hormone.
- Be expressive. Bottling your feelings not only causes more stress, but also comes out in the form of skin infections as it hampers the immune system.
- Get moving and include some form of exercise in your schedule. Walking, cycling, yoga, taking the stairs, there are many easy options that one can choose from.
- Make time for social activities. Meet people you like and spend quality time with them doing things that you enjoy.
- Manage your time better by breaking down projects into small tasks, delegating responsibility to other people, prioritizing your to-do list, etc.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as they not only help cope with stress, but will also provide enough nutrition to the body for a healthy and glowing skin.
There are many over-the-counter creams available in the market such as RingOut that work really well on fungal infections of the skin like ringworm. RingOut along with a healthier and peaceful lifestyle can help you heal at a faster pace.