Diwali, also known as the “Festival of Lights”, is one of the biggest and most popular festivals in India. Apart from get-togethers, exchange of gifts and greetings, and beautifully decorated homes, it is also the festival where people go all out and clean every corner of their home.
Cleaning your home during Diwali provides a fresh look to your home and makes it aesthetically pleasing. However, it also brings along dust allergies and fungal infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, and jock itch. While a top quality antifungal cream or fungal infection cream offers a highly effective treatment for fungal skin infections, it is equally important to follow some precautionary measures in order to prevent these conditions from occurring in the first place.
The use of water during the cleaning process creates a warm and damp environment, which is ideal for the growth of infection-causing fungus. Apply a fungal infection cream if you experience any of the symptoms mentioned below:
- Red, scaly, itchy, ring-shaped rash
- Patches that may begin to ooze
- Burning sensation on the soles of the feet or between the toes
- Thick, crumbly, or discolored toenails
- Peeling, cracking, or flaking on the sole or the side of feet
Prevention of Fungal Skin Infections
Let us now look at some of the best ways to stay protected from fungal infections of the skin during the Diwali festival:
- Avoid wearing wet clothes for long periods as it creates a perfect environment for the growth of fungus which causes fungal infections.
- Always wear proper footwear whenever using water for cleaning purposes.
- Change your clothes and undergarments after every cleaning session, especially if they get and sweaty.
- Take a proper bath after every cleaning work to get rid of all unwanted particles from the body, and thoroughly dry yourself immediately after that.
- Pay special attention to keep the area around your neck, between the toes, and groin clean and dry at all times.
- Wash all your dirty clothes properly and expose them to sunlight to make sure they are clean and dry before you use them again.
- Wear loose-fitting, cotton clothes that can keep you cool and free from sweat.
- Keep your skin well-moisturized.
- Avoid skin contact with infected people and animals.
- Do not share the personal belongings such as hair brush, towel, etc. of infected people.
- Always wear clean, dry clothes made of breathable fabric.
- During the festival time, there is always a possibility that you get too involved in the cleaning process and forget to take these precautionary measures. In such a scenario, keeping a good quality fungal infection cream at home is always recommended to instantly treat any condition as soon as it occurs.